Encouraging, Supporting and Respecting
People on their Journey through Life
The Noble County Board of Developmental Disabilities helps the people we serve create lives of meaning and purpose in the community. This is fueled by our passion for people with disabilities to have control over their lives. We are guided by the philosophy of Self-Determination, which gives the people we serve and their families authority and control over resources spent on their behalf. We are committed to promoting initiatives that are rooted in Self-Determination’s principles of Freedom, Authority, Support, Responsibility, and Confirmation.
- That all people should be able to choose the things they need and want for their lives.
- That people should have the power to say where and how the dollars are spent on their behalf.
- That our purpose is to coordinate services chosen by the person in the most meaningful way possible.
- That all people have something to offer to others and diversity makes for a better community.
- That people with disabilities and their families must lead in this new way of thinking as they advocate for themselves and others.
- We value people and the choices they make for their lives.
- We value the human spirit and the potential that lies within each person.
- We value supports that help people live, learn, love and have a life of their choosing.
- We value relationships that develop from common bonds and interests.