Frequently Asked Questions

What is a developmental disability?

A developmental disability is a severe, chronic condition that manifests itself before the age of 22 and is characterized by a cognitive or physical difference or a combination of the two that is likely to continue indefinitely.

What does a County Board do?

The County Board is the primary contact for a person with a developmental disability and his or her family. We serve two primary functions: determining eligibility and coordinating supports. Once we determine eligibility for services, a Service and Support Administrator (SSA) will connect you to the supports and services you need.

When do I call the County Board?

You should contact the County Board if you have an infant or a toddler who has been diagnosed with a developmental disability or you think your child may have a developmental disability. You may also want to call us if you need additional support for your loved one or if you are moving to a new community in Ohio and want your supports to continue in that location.

How do I receive supports from the developmental disabilities' system in Noble County?

When you contact the Noble County Board of DD, the first thing we will do is sit down and talk with you to learn exactly what it is you need or want. At that time, we may ask you to provide certain information verifying that you have a developmental disability. To learn more about this process, contact the Service and Support Administration Department at 740-695-7433.

Who provides services in Noble County?

People with developmental disabilities choose who they want to serve their needs through the Individual Support Plan process. A list of certified providers is maintained by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities. Click on this link to the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities to search certified providers. providersearch.dodd.ohio.gov

Who do I contact if I think someone with a disability is being neglected or abused?

If the person is in immediate danger, it is important that you dial 911 for the appropriate police, fire or emergency personnel. Other cases can be reported to the Noble County Board's emergency on-call number at 740-310-2255. This number is manned 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.